Sunday, August 26, 2007

Happy 13th Annual PVCA tournament!



This picture was taken in 2004, at the tenth annual Pool Volleyball Championship of America, held in Staten Island at the home of Steven Evangelista's parents.

It's now three years later, and Dave and I are getting ready to compete in our third PVCA tournament together. I can't help but think back to this day in 2004. Dave was really just becoming more of a fixture in Charlotte's life. This event has always been really important to Dave, and my attendance with Charlotte in 2004 really signified that we were becoming an official family.

It's a really nice memory for me, and not just because you can really see in this picture how quickly Dave fell in love with Charlotte. It's also a nice memory because I have absolutely no skill in anything that requires coordination...EXCEPT for pool volleyball. And I discovered this talent on a steaming hot day in Staten Island-- August 2004.I mean, just look at this shot!

To check out the PVCA's website, click here

And look for pics from 2007's tourney on the blog soon.

No comments: